Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veteran's Day

Today we pause to remember all the men and women who have served our country. Thank you, veterans! We appreciate the freedoms you have helped us earn and keep.

Tomorrow we will celebrate our local veterans with an assembly beginning at 9 AM in the gym.

Here are a few of the heartfelt letters our students wrote (as they wrote them!) to show their appreciation:

Dear Veteran,
Thank you for being so generous to serve in the military for our country. I really appreciate that you would do that. I honor you dearly, for your patriotism and curage. As you know, surviving in the military is deathly dangerous and sometimes scary. Again, I thank you for your kindness, bravery, courage, patriotism, and generousity to defend our country!

Sincerely,
Kaila H.

Dear Veteran,
I am grateful that you served in the military on behalf of our country. I appreciate the sacrifices you had to make being a United States' soldier.
If you were in the Iraq war or another war, I bet you really missed your family. I hope you will always be safe and thank you for making me feel safe every night.

Sincerely,
Michael

Dear Veteran,
I would like to thank you for defending our freedom & our country. I'm sure our country would be different if we didn't have people like you. I'll pray for you every night. May Jesus bless your heart. May God bless your soul. May the Angels watch over you.

Sincerely,
Jared

Dear Veteran,
I would like to thank you for serving in the military. You are the reason I am living in a free country today. I am glad that I can speak as I want. Thank you so much.

Sincerely,
Kayla G.

Dear Veteran,
I would like to take this time to thank you for supporting our country during the war. I bet you were very scared throughout the war. I want to say "Thank you." for you great courage. I know your families missed you very much while you were away serving our country. I hope that they wrote you a lot of letters to cheer you up.

Sincerely,
Madison

Dear Veteran,
Thank you for defending our country. We grately appreciate you for all your hard work and time fighting for our country. Today we celebrate your honor and bravery. Once agin I thank you for defending our country.

Sincerely,
Eddie

No comments: